Frequently Asked Questions
Cannot find an answer to your question? Contact me.
Choosing and Booking Classes
- Which class is best for me?
- In choosing a class consider your current fitness levels and what you want to achieve from doing yoga.
If you have problems getting down on the floor or recovering from a severe injury, the Seniors / Low Impact class would be appropriate.
If you are looking for a more meditative or relaxing class, consider a relaxation class, which focus on guided relaxation practices. The yoga classes focus on the physical practices, ending with breathing practices and a relaxation.
- I have never done yoga before. Will this class be suitable for me?
- The beauty of yoga is that the practices can be adapted for everybody's requirements. All the classes are suitable for those who are new to yoga or have little experience.
- Do I need to book for classes?
- If you wish to attend the Yoga and Meditation classes you need to enroll each term through Macquarie Community College. Please enroll as soon as you can because the class is only held if there are five or more students.
Some classes have limited space so please contact LaiLin Yoga to reserve a spot. Otherwise, you do not need to book for classes.
- When can I start a class? Do I need to wait for the new school term?
- The Yoga and Meditation classes run for eight weeks during the school terms. If the term has just started, you can contact Macquarie Community College to enroll for the current term. Otherwise, you will need to wait for the next school term.
Other classes are run throughout the year (including during school holidays) and you can start whenever you are ready. Check the calendar of classes and events to ensure your preferred class is running.
- What is the cost of the class?
- The cost of general classes (that is, public classes) and private classes varies depending on the length of the class. The cost of private classes also depends on the number of participants.
As a guide, general classes are approximately $7 per half hour, and private classes for up to four people are $30 per half hour.
The cost of the Yoga and Meditation is set by Macquarie Community College.
- Do you accept credit card?
- I do not have the facilities to accept credit card. Payments can be made using cash, cheque or EFT.
- How does the six-class pass work?
- A class pass is relevant to a particular class and cannot be used for other classes.
The class pass lets you purchase six classes at a lower rate. The pass is valid for two months so you have 8-9 weeks to attend six classes.
- The cost of the class is ‘by donation’. What does that mean?
- The class is free but a small donation towards venue hire is appreciated. The donation is optional and can be labelled box, which is usually placed outside the room or the back of the room.
- What type of yoga do you teach?
- If I had to categorise myself, I would describe my yoga as hatha yoga. In the Western world, hatha yoga has come to mean a gentle yoga or to represent a mix of yoga styles.
The yoga I teach is both these things. I describe my yoga as a gentle, meditative form of yoga. I trained as a Satyananda Yoga teacher, a tradition that offers many different practices other than asana (poses) to help relax the mind and body. However, I incorporate practices and techniques from other traditions and disciplines that I attend and enjoy.
- Do you speak Chinese?
I'm fourth-generation Australian-born Chinese and the only Cantonese I know are my favourite yum cha dishes and how to count to 100!
Created 15 September 2017